Educating caring professionals to Serve, to Lead, to Teach.
In addition to becoming a part of a strong and reputable University, Touro University California (TUC) offers many comprehensive healthcare benefit options. TUC also encourages an active work/life balance. Below is a brief overview of the of TUC benefits programs:
- Medical Plans: TUC currently offers employees, dependents and domestic partners access to several discounted medical plans from multiple carriers. Our plans allow access to quality providers through HMO and PPO options.
- Dental & Vision Plans: TUC currently offers employees, dependents and domestic partners access to group discounted dental and vision plans.
- Paid Vacation: Full-time employees can earn between 10 days and 21 days per year based on years of service.
- Paid Sick Leave: Full time employees receive 6 days per year with access to a Catastrophic Sick Leave Bank.
- Paid Personal Time: Full time employees receive 3 personal days to be used for additional time off. Personal time can be used toward sick or vacation time.
- Paid Holiday’s: Employees enjoy over 20 paid days off to celebrate Jewish, Federal and State Holidays.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: TUC provides basic coverage for employees who chose to enroll. Additional life insurance can be purchased at a discounted group rate.
- Disability Insurance: TUC automatically provides long-term coverage for eligible employees.
- Retirement Benefits: Touro University has implemented a tax deferred savings program known as a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan. On a pretax basis you may contribute from 5% up to a maximum amount determined annually by the IRS. Currently, TUC offers the two investment choices:
- TIAA–CREF: Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association – College Retirement Equities Fund,
- Fidelity Investments
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Full time employees of Touro College are eligible to enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts. Upon hire employees can designate an amount to be deducted from their salaries on a pre-tax basis to later receive reimbursement for Health Care or Dependant Care expenses.
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP): TUC recognizes that issues arise and can have an affect your well-being and performance at work. To assist you in dealing with such problems, eligible employees and their dependents may make use of our voluntary, confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Bereavement: An employee may be paid for up to five (5) working days when there is a death of an employee’s immediate family member and two (2) working days for in laws.
- Jury Duty: Full time employees are paid up to 21 days (within a two year period) for time spent completing Jury service.
- Domestic Partner Coverage: the University provides coverage under a number of its plans to the domestic partners of its employees.
- COBRA Coverage: extended health care coverage to employees and their dependents under certain qualifying events
- Statutory Benefits: As required by law all employees are covered for, Security, Workers’ Compensation, State Disability and State Unemployment Insurance.
Tuition and Development Incentives:
- Qualified Tuition Remission: All full time Touro College employees including their spouse and children are eligible for employee scholarships that cover 100% of the tuition and fees at the undergraduate level, and 25% of the tuition and fees at the graduate or professional level.
- Qualified Tuition Reduction: Full time employees of Touro College are eligible to participate in the Qualified Tuition Reduction program. The Qualified Tuition Reduction will be used to pay the tuition of the employee or the employee’s spouse or children at Touro or at another educational organization on a pre taxed basis, as described in Section 170(b)(1)(A)(ii).
- Professional Development Leave: Professional development leave is available for full time faculty members to take time away to learn, lecture, present at conferences, attend conventions and symposiums.
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.